drollery : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a comic incident or series of incidents
- n a quaint and amusing jest
- News in the form of edgy drollery may seem a brave new thing, but it can all be traced back to one source, the man Ernest Hemingway said all of modern American literature could be .
- In 1937, Anderson made what was supposed to be a one-shot appearance on the Benny broadcast; the audience loved his drollery, and he became a member of the cast.
- Runners-up in the honors department: NBC's able Chet Huntley and young (36), deadpan David Brinkley, who this year teamed up for the first time to add zest and drollerya rare .