driver : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the operator of a motor vehicle
- n someone who drives animals that pull a vehicle
- n a golfer who hits the golf ball with a driver
- n (computer science) a program that determines how a computer will communicate with a peripheral device
- n a golf club (a wood) with a near vertical face that is used for hitting long shots from the tee
- A new study finds truck drivers are much more likely to get into trouble on the road while text-messaging.
- Drivers that have them will be allowed to grind on.
- For many new drivers, "that's an enormous hurdle.
News & Articles
- Driver: If Packers wanted me to play, I'd unretire
Wide receiver Donald Driver, who retired earlier this offseason rather than suit up for a team other than the Green Bay Packers, said he’d be open to returning to play for the Packers during the season if they came calling.
June 17, 2013 - Sports Illustrated
- Driver open to Packers return, however unlikely
Donald Driver won't be coming out of retirement anytime soon. Unless, of course, the Green Bay Packers called.
June 17, 2013 - Packersnews.com
- Driver killed after crashing into Yonkers firehouse
A driver is dead after crashing his vehicle into a firehouse in Yonkers Sunday afternoon. Yonkers officials say the driver was headed southbound on Central Avenue when he somehow lost control and hit a pole before crashing into the firehouse around 2:40 p.m. The driver was ejected and was pronounced dead at the scene. There were no other passengers and no other injuries at the scene. Central ...
June 17, 2013 - FOX 5 New York
- Jesper Parnevik in Telegraph.co.uk
Parnevik, 44, said: "I'm kind of filled with sorrow for Elin since me and my wife are at fault for hooking her up with him, and we probably thought he was a better guy than he is. I would probably have to apologise to her and hope she uses a driver...
- Vijay Mallya in Khabrein.info
Shoot, I say one confident thing out there and everybody boos me. I'm blown away. These people, I mean, I don't know, maybe they all booed me before. I would think that some of them cheered for me before, and I'm not a different driver than I was... Danica Patrick http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danica_Patrick&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHKAmtq5j07DIvYo1ViNnfTmKFNpw USANewsWeek.com http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.usanewsweek.com/news/Brazilian-Helio-Castroneves-Wins-Indy-500-Pole-1274618261/&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNECNou3HIZyHXsjfZcFty4Fsqx6oQ May 23, 2010
30466 39250 driver Vijay Mallya, chairman and team principal, said: Giancarlo and his management team approached me yesterday with the proposal from Ferrari. For any Italian driver, a Ferrari race seat is a long-held dream and for Giancarlo it was no exception."