- n a power shovel to remove material from a channel or riverbed
- v cover before cooking
dredge the chicken in flour before frying it
- v search (as the bottom of a body of water) for something valuable or lost
- v remove with a power shovel, usually from a bottom of a body of water
- For them, all these courtroom machinations just dredge up their heartache and forestall closure.
- We had to dredge a place for it to rest, we had to park it, guard it, stroke it, hide it from the public.
- The dredge dipped, scrabbled, rose 15 tense minutes later with two gold bars and a scattering of sovereigns.
News & Articles
- Permit sought to fix damaged fishpond
Waikoloa Development Co. is seeking a U.S. Army Corps of Engineers permit to rebuild the Kuualii fishpond rock wall, dredge sand from the pond and restore the beach at Anaehoomalu Bay in South Kohala. The rock wall and 4-acre pond were damaged by the March 11, 2011, tsunami generated by a magnitude-9.0 earthquake off the eastern coast of Japan.
June 16, 2013 - West Hawaii Today
- Terrebonne Parish to implement freshwater plan
Terrebonne Parish officials are moving ahead with a project designed to dump freshwater from the Houma Navigation Canal into endangered coastal forests north of the Falgout Canal.The Courier reports (http://bit.ly/17ECLRI) the project will replace aging water-control structures and dredge canals...
June 15, 2013 - New Orleans Times-Picayune
- Rain halts dredging of Hudson River
High water from this week’s heavy rain stopped efforts to dredge PCBs from the Hudson River until at least noon Friday, during a season in which rain has often helped rather than hindered the project.
June 14, 2013 - The Post-Star