dreadlock : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n one of many long thin braids of hair radiating from the scalp; popularized by Rastafarians
- A spray of dreadlocks, a sinuous beat, a voice singing of revolution, revelation and romance.
- The dervishes, distinguished by their green and red robes, eclectic prayer beads, charms and Rastafarian-style dreadlocks, represent a kinder, gentler picture of Sudanese society .
- Amiable and rotund, he sports shoulder-length dreadlocks that make him look more like a Rastafarian reggae singer than a computer scientist.
- Alex Turner in MTV.com
I'd say what you've got there is James Ford, a bit of a Ghostbuster, ex Dreadlock, and Josh who takes a bit of a Bill Sykes approach to it,Turner said. "The way Bill Sykes would approach eating an apple - like with a dagger - Josh is like...
- John Butler in Herald Sun
The worst possible thing you can have with dreadlocks is a dread fringe,Butler says. "So I looked in the mirror, pulled my dreads down and gave myself a dreadlock fringe, like Dave Chappelle doing Rick James. Once you have a dread fringe...