- n a slow speech pattern with prolonged vowels
- v lengthen and slow down or draw out
drawl one's vowels
- With a high-pitched drawl that makes him seem at once sleepy, surprised and seductive, he is becoming a most unlikely movie star, doing .
- There are equally empathetic, if more sober, nods when Grace Chang Lucarelli, 32, speaking in a soft Texan drawl, recalls "people making fun of me" because she was one of the few .
- For about a month I was a spare, sinewy frontiersman in fringed buckskin, with crinkly little lines about the eyes and a slow laconic drawl.
News & Articles
- Hear ye, hear ye: Free online archive has about 14,000 hours of audio from Supreme Court arguments
WASHINGTON — Supreme Court Justice Lewis F. Powell’s Tidewater Virginia drawl could make the word “court” sound as if it had two syllables. And Justice Clarence Thomas, though he doesn’t talk much, speaks in a deep baritone. The voices of those justices and 30 others, as well as thousands of lawyers who have argued before the court, are now part of a massive Internet archive assembled by the ...
June 18, 2013 - The Wenatchee World
- Supreme Court archive has about 14K hours of audio
Supreme Court Justice Lewis F. Powell's Tidewater Virginia drawl could make the word "court" sound as if it had two syllables. And Justice Clarence Thomas, though he doesn't talk much, speaks ...
June 14, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Supreme Court audio archive _ nearly 14,000 hours _ nearing completion after a decade of work
WASHINGTON — Supreme Court Justice Lewis F. Powell's Tidewater Virginia drawl could make the word "court" sound as if it had two syllables. And Justice Clarence Thomas, though he doesn't talk much, speaks in a deep baritone.
June 14, 2013 - Minneapolis-St. Paul Star Tribune
- Dev Anand in The Daily Star
I pick her up and together we went to a party. The first person who greeted Zeenat was a drunk Raj Kapoor with a gallant drawl who threw his arms around her,Dev writes. "A struggle within me transformed itself into a to-hell-with-it-all...
- Trevor Hoffman in USA Today
I would love for him to be here. It was a pretty enjoyable conversation,Hoffman said. "He's a nice man. He's got that Southern drawl from Louisiana. He expressed a desire to be here. He does have prior engagements over the weekend, but I...
- Dana Eveland in Toronto Sun
I met Jim a few times, I had no idea he was Canadian, he didn't have any accent but he didn't have a drawl either,Eveland said Monday night thinking back to pitching for the Hill College Rebels at Hillsboro, Tex., in 2002.