- n a member of one of the aboriginal races of India (pushed south by Caucasians and now mixed with them)
- n a large family of languages spoken in south and central India and Sri Lanka
News & Articles
- Jaya’s attack shows BJP has emerged a viable alternative: Rao
CHENNAI: Rattled by AIADMK supremo and Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa’s sharp attack on it and its leader Narendra Modi, BJP today said this only showed the party has emerged as a “viable alternative” to Dravidian majors in Tamil Nadu.
April 21, 2014 - INDOlink
- LK Advani in Hindu
Asked if both the AIAMDK and DMK had "neglected and slighted BJP", Advani said "not at all. Dravidian parties were our partners earlier. It is only the Congress and CPI-M which were being slighted. So far as Tamil Nadu is concerned we don't...
- M Karunanidhi in Press Trust of India
The DMK, not just by virtue of its representation in the Parliament and Central cabinet, but also by such nationalistic feelings, is now becoming a Dravidian national party,Karunanidhi said, a day after Tiruvalluvar statue was unveiled...
- K. V. Thangkabalu in Thaindian.com (blog)
Voicing the pique, the leader of the Congress in Tamil Nadu KV Thangkabalu says: "We have been forced to support either of the Dravidian parties since 1977 and during the eight electoral experiences that followed." "This is despite having...