dozy : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s half asleep
a tired dozy child
- But the events of 1968 were here, spilling onto the streets of Paris, Chicago, Berlin, Rome and dozy London.
- Well, we found him in Charikar about 9pm, slightly dozy, and probably preparing for bed, He took our request to go to the village in good humor, though without enthusiasm.
- Over cups of tea in their calm command posts or in small mud houses near the dozy front, they assure visitors that Taliban morale is nosediving, that desertions are widespread.
News & Articles
- Oak Grove School renovation project wrapping up
An intense summer of building construction is wrapping up at Oak Grove School District 68 in advance of classes Tuesday. Ten classrooom and two science labs have been remodeled as part of $3.2 million in building improvements that are part of a mulit-year plan. "It's a dozy of a project," says Lonny Lemon, who is starting his second year as superintendent.
Aug. 15, 2013 - Daily Herald
- Andrew Strauss in Reuters India
Paul obviously wasn't taking a run although he was probably a bit hasty to leave his crease. He did say that if he had been given out, he would only have had himself to blame for being a bit dozy,Strauss told reporters. "But New Zealand...
- Nicola Benedetti in Times Online
Somebody buzzed the bell obsessively for 10 minutes,Benedetti said. "It was the middle of the night and, in my dozy state, I immediately went to press the button to let them in, because I have had friends come home late. Purely by chance I...
- Alastair Campbell in Daily Star
He said: "If no action can be taken against Henry, or the dozy ref and linesman, or the French authorities who have now seen the replays, what can the rest of us do? Well, not a lot. But as I shaved this morning, I remembered those irritating...