- n someone who uses a divining rod to find underground water
- n forked stick that is said to dip down to indicate underground water or oil
- A dowser who is worth his salt can avoid such hostile spots without magical assistance.
- In the dowser lexicon, doodlebugs are a special breed diviners for oil.
- Then he pointed, like a "dowser" sensing a deep vein of water.
News & Articles
- El Paso County woman is homemaker of the year
Barbara Payne of Rush is a Colorado Homemaker of the year. She's not exactly what the title conjures up to some folks - a dainty soul in a frilly apron serving homemade jam and biscuits. It's true that she does make great biscuits and is even more famous for making the most beautiful party cakes ever seen in these parts, neighbors say. But she's also a water witch or dowser, as they are also ...
July 4, 2013 - Colorado Springs Gazette