- n a stroke normally made in a downward direction
- The short downstroke, which doctors call the "Q" wave, is formed as the ventricles begin to contract to pump blood out.
- Most of all, he likes perfectionists people who make their d's Greek-style, from the bottom up after an initial downstroke.
- From there, up to 80% of it was drawn by suction into the pump chamber, held for an instant by a check valve, then pushed by the pressure of the pump's downstroke into the aorta .
- Rich Crotty in Orlando Sentinel
Once you get the initial downstroke [in funding], the rest almost always comes through,Orange County Mayor Rich Crotty said. "This vote is more than just securing a percentage of funding. This is more of a commitment from Congress."
- George Clinton in Kansas City Star
I was thinking about putting black people where folks wouldn't picture them. That's why I got the idea of a spaceship with me sitting outside like a pimpmobile,Clinton said. "Once Parliament got a hit record with 'Up for the Downstroke,' I...