doughnut-shaped : Definition, Usages, News and More
- Like other squid species, the colossal squid appears to have blue blood, a tongue covered in teeth and an esophagus which drains through the middle of its doughnut-shaped brain.
- Mischief Reef itself is a doughnut-shaped ring of coral several kilometers in diameter, all of which lies under the surface of the sea.
- The doughnut-shaped structure they got houses each of the five divisions in harmonious wedges within.
News & Articles
- How Did a Third Radiation Belt Appear in the Earth's Upper Atmosphere?
Since the discovery of the Van Allen radiation belts in in the Earth's upper atmosphere in 1958, space scientists have believed that these belts consisted of two doughnut-shaped rings of highly charged particles.
June 21, 2013 - SpaceRef
- Study Looks At How A Third Radiation Belt Appeared Around Earth
April Flowers for redOrbit.com - Your Universe Online Scientists have long believed that the Van Allen radiation belts , discovered in the Earth’s upper atmosphere in 1958, consisted of two doughnut-shaped rings of highly charged particles. The inner ring is comprised of high-energy electrons and energetic positive ions, and the outer ring of high-energy electrons. This past February in the ...
June 21, 2013 - redOrbit
- Dusty surprise around giant black hole
ESO’s Very Large Telescope Interferometer has gathered the most detailed observations ever of the dust around the huge black hole at the centre of an active galaxy. Rather than finding all of the glowing dust in a doughnut-shaped torus around the black hole, as expected, the astronomers find that much of it is located above and below the torus. These observations show that dust is being pushed ...
June 20, 2013 - Science Daily
- Zaha Hadid in New York Times
It'sa nomadic doughnut-shaped construction with a series of spaces you walk through and come out the same end,Ms. Hadid said. "All the pieces have been worked out so they fit together, then fold up like a stage set of a musical."