- n a toroidal shape
- n a small ring-shaped friedcake
- doughnut sales were estimated at some $78,000,0000 last year (up from $5,000,000 in 1920), and 80% of these doughnuts were made on Doughnut Corp.
- Libby and his colleagues compare the cross section of an artery to a doughnut with a hole--where the doughnut is the arterial wall and the hole is the space where blood flows.
- The narrator in Saturnin, a beloved Czech novel by Zdenek Jirotka, groups people into one of three categories by their reactions to a plate of doughnuts: those who just stare at .
News & Articles
- Best Doughnut Shops In Sacramento
Whether you spell it donut or doughnut, these fluffy, fried and fresh treats are a fan favorite. While classic doughnut shops seem to be disappearing, Sacramento has a strong market to fulfill your every craving.
June 12, 2013 - CBS Sacramento
- Best Doughnut Shops In Pittsburgh
From old fashioned cake style to gourmet doughnut holes, few things are worth waking up for more than a well made doughnut. If you are looking for tasty doughnuts to try, here are some great neighborhood shops. Hopefully, one of them is near you.
June 12, 2013 - CBS Pittsburgh
- Best Doughnut Shops In Minnesota
Visit one of these great doughnut shops in Minnesota and let your taste buds unfurl.
June 12, 2013 - CBS Minnesota
- Harry Reid in Wall Street Journal
I personally am committed to fully closing the doughnut hole once and for all,Reid said. "The legislation we will send to President Obama for his signature will make good on his promise and ours to forever end this indefensible injustice...
- Angela Kinsey in San Jose Mercury News
We were shooting at a mall and I was eating this big old doughnut and there was someone standing in the crowd with a video filming the whole thing,Kinsey says. "I don't mind most of the time, but when you are trying to adjust your...
- Pete Carroll in The Province
I'm not disappointed in a guy being in a doughnut shop when they've got maple bars like Top Pot has,Pete Carroll said. "We talked about it, addressed it and he's most remorseful about it and all that. I do understand the allure of the...