- s open to doubt or suspicion
the candidate's doubtful past
- s fraught with uncertainty or doubt
they were doubtful that the cord would hold
it was doubtful whether she would be admitted
- s unsettled in mind or opinion
- It's doubtful that many people reading this could say exactly, or even approximately, what the Halo games are about.
- She's going to need something a lot more convincing, and it's doubtful she'll ever get it.
- But even that may be onerous: As difficult as it was convincing the public that climate change was a clear and present danger and a majority of conservatives are still doubtful .
News & Articles
- LeBron James, Heat Cap NBA Finals for the Ages With Second Straight Title Nobody Wanted Them to Win
It was a good thing there were no more games to play. No matter who won or lost, the season would end Thursday for the Miami Heat and the San Antonio Spurs, and that was a blessing, because by the end of an epic Game 7, it is doubtful anyone on either team would have […]
June 21, 2013 - New England Sports Network
- Symbolism of Taliban flag and banner upends Afghan peace talks
Planned negotiations between the US, Afghanistan, and the Taliban look doubtful after the Afghan president announces a boycott amid a row over the Taliban office in Doha.
June 20, 2013 - The Christian Science Monitor
- Updates on SF Giants’ Crawford, Pagan, Sandoval, others; plus lineup
Manager Bruce Bochy listed Brandon Crawford as “doubtful” to play Thursday night as the shortstop continues to deal with swelling and pain in his two sprained fingers, although Crawford could pinch-bunt or run today if needed. Bochy also said Angel Pagan will begin a rehab assignment for Class A San Jose on Thursday with the hope he can be activated sometimes this weekend against the Marlins ...
June 19, 2013 - San Francisco Chronicle
- Barack Obama in Reuters India
It's the answer that led those who have been told for so long by so many to be cynical, and fearful, and doubtful of what we can achieve to put their hands on the arc of history and bend it once more toward the hope of a better day,Obama said.
- Morten Olsen in Just Arsenal News
There are always players who have small problems,Olsen said. "Bendtner is still doubtful for the Japan game, and will continue to be regardless of how far we go in the tournament." "We know what to do, though it is difficult to...
- Sir Alex Ferguson in This is London
Ferguson said: "Wayne felt his ankle. We hope it is not ligament trouble - but he is doubtful for Saturday's game at Blackburn, I would imagine."