dottle : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the residue of partially burnt tobacco left caked in the bowl of a pipe after smoking
- Nearly anyone could be a ventriloquist if one's dummy talked like this: "How 'dout a dottle of deer?" Substituting a barely perceptible th sound, Isaacson said "Boston baked beans .
- In his impeccably cut parodies, words like wattles and dottle, boffin and horripilating are used in ways that have caused two generations of grown men with attache cases to break .
- And there is Grandma from Sweden who chews pipe dottle and comes to Denmark fully intending to die, but lives on to plague and embarrass the boy's mother with her unhousebroken .
News & Articles
- Deborah Dottle
Deborah "Debbie Lynn" Collins Dottle, 59, a resident of Beverly, passed from this life in the early morning hours of Friday, Nov. 15, 2013, in Hospice Inpatient Care Center in Elkins.
Nov. 17, 2013 - The Inter-Mountain
- AN Wilson in International Herald Tribune
In an apparent reference to Hillier's living in a converted almshouse, Wilson wrote, "How utterly pitiable to be some old bachelor in a Hiram's Hospital, smock-clad like a pauper in the reign of Henry VIII, dripping resentment like the dottle from a...