- v be foolish or senile due to old age
- v shower with love; show excessive affection for
Grandmother dotes on her the twins
- I grew up on animation, I respect the medium's artistry and dote on its jokes.
- The better news: these cheerful folks instantly dote on the little girl as if she were the center of their universe.
- If as a society, we turn our attention back to work if we dote on our jobs as much as we did on our homes and portfolios in an earlier era then we'll have to start asking .
News & Articles
- Generous dad is a real piece of work
By Rich HarpFor the Tribune HARBOR BEACH — Father’s Day is that special day where kids get to dote on their dads. It matters little if these kids are age 5 or 55. It only matters that they show dad they care.
June 17, 2013 - Huron Daily Tribune
- John Abraham in Sify
The Global Green New Deal report, part of the UNEP Green Economy initiative, is being presented here to ministers from the North and the South as an anti-dote to the current economic woes. It represents an opportunity to accelerate towards... Achim Steiner http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Achim_Steiner&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFXnmDH-91mw5K-6oDOYwcv4bdrhg Xinhua http://www.google.com/url?q=http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2009-02/16/content_10829676.htm&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNG_VHJ43ol3Rn6UGbfvcEsqJPTzrg Feb 16, 2009
29826 38569 dote Abhishek is not a co-star or a colleague. He's a friend. I dote on him. I love him to death. We never compete. We complement each other in Dostana. We share a great chemistry. Abhishek and I are a couple in the film," John said.
- Edwina Mountbatten in Indian Express
She quotes a letter which Lord Mountbatten wrote to her elder sister in June 1948 on the Edwina-Nehru relationship: "She and Jawaharlal (sic) are so sweet together, they really dote on each other in the nicest way and Pammy and I are doing...