- n a company that operates its business primarily on the internet using a URL that ends in `.com'
- a of or relating to an internet company
a dot-com outfit in San Francisco
- While Indian entrepreneurial success is nothing new, the scale of Indian success in the dot-com economy bears examination.
- Xers witnessed the rise of the yuppie and the burst of the dot-com bubble.
- The cricket-match-fixing scandal that has rocked India's national sport began with the same dot-com, which sent well-known cricketer Manoj Prabhakar and some of their own .
News & Articles
- Four Lessons Amazon Learned From Webvan's Flop
Only one father of the dot-com boom is still innovating today -- Amazon CEO, Jeff Bezos. And one of Bezos' innovation initiatives is its grocery delivery service, AmazonFresh -- that also happens to be competing in an e-commerce vertical market with inherently low profitability.
June 17, 2013 - Forbes
- From the ashes of a start-up, Amazon builds a grocery business
The online grocery start-up Webvan may have been the single most expensive flame-out of the dot-com era, blowing through more than $800 million in venture capital and IPO proceeds in just over three years before shutting its doors in 2001.Twelve years later, though, Webvan is rising from the dead — in the form of an online grocery business called AmazonFresh.Four key Amazon executives — Doug ...
June 16, 2013 - NBC NEWS
- From the ashes of Webvan, Amazon builds a grocery business
By Alistair Barr SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - The online grocery start-up Webvan may have been the single most expensive flame-out of the dot-com era, blowing through more than $800 million in venture capital and IPO proceeds in just over three years before shutting its doors in 2001. Twelve years later, though, Webvan is rising from the dead - in the form of an online grocery business called ...
June 16, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Nick Saban in USA Today
I don't control what people say,Saban said. "I don't control what people put on dot-com or anything else. So I'm just telling you there's no significance, in my opinion, about this, about me, about any interest that I have in anything...
- Rob Enderle in Forbes
They got caught up in the hype and pulled a dot-com foolish mistake,Enderle said of eBay executives. "When you move into an area you know little about, your education is likely to come at legendary cost."
- Carolyn Bivens in New York Times
It's no secret that the road ahead, particularly 2009, is going to test our mettle,Bivens said. "We've seen the S&L collapse, the stock-market downturn and dot-com collapse, but nothing has been more challenging than what we've been...