- n small furry-tailed squirrel-like Old World rodent that becomes torpid in cold weather
- Not Aesop's mouse who gnawed a lion free; not the three blind mice whom the farmer's spouse decaudated; not the clock-scaling mouse of Mother Goose nor Alice's dormouse nor the .
- Prime Minister Attlee, confident of labor unity on this issue, slumped like a doodling dormouse in his seat.
- Typical rates: giant panda, 2 a week; elephant or okapi, 30 shillings; squirrel, dormouse or hummingbird, one shilling.
News & Articles
- Jurassic Rat Relative Remains Found in China
Zhe-Xi Luo, a professor of organismal biology and anatomy at the University of Chicago, recently discovered a 160 million year old skeleton in the Tiaojishan Formation, about 180 kilometers northeast of Beijing. The fossil is a near perfect preservation of the mammal Rugosodon eurasiaticus, a rodent-like creature similar to today's African Dormouse, though bigger and less cuddly.
Aug. 20, 2013 - ABC News
- 160-Million-Year-Old Fossil of an Omnivore
The fossil, found in China, was of a fast-running, agile omnivore that resembles the modern-day African dormouse.
Aug. 19, 2013 - International Herald Tribune
- Barbara Windsor in RTE.ie
Windsor said: "He told me he loves the Mitchell family." "I was on the 'EastEnders' set when my agent called and said, 'Tim Burton wants you for the voice of the Dormouse in the Johnny Depp 'Alice' movie. I couldn't believe it, and at my...