- n a genre (usually a cappella) of Black vocal-harmony music of the 1950s that evolved in New York City from gospel singing; characterized by close four-part harmonies; the name derived from some of the nonsense syllables sung by the backup
- So-called "doo-wop motels" like the Starlux, the Bel Air and the Tangiers offer garish design, funky colors and the ubiquitous plastic palm trees.
- Heavyweight Champion Mike Tyson and Singer Michael Jackson push Japanese products, and Suntory brewery features a black doo-wop group called 14 Karat Soul in television spots for .
- The doo-wop group from New York first hit the music scene in 1958 with the single "Tears on My Pillow.
News & Articles
- Belle Ghoul’s ‘Saturday Knife Fight’ EP
Belle Ghoul – Saturday Knife Fight EP Elephant Records Info Our singer slides in with a too-cool croon as mellifluous as some late-night DJ on buzzy AM radio. There’s this hand-clappable beat coaxing you to shake and twist your way out of the diner and slide down the banister to that wavy bass groove as rich in character as any low humming baritone member of a doo-wop quartet. These cascading ...
June 12, 2013 - Detroit Metro Times
- David Lynch and Lykke Li Go for a Very Long Drive in 'I'm Waiting Here' Video
We made love where the horizon ends,coos Lykke Li on David Lynch's "I'm Waiting Here." The Swedish songstress' hypnotic voice pairs perfectly with the surrealist director's dreamy '50s-flavored doo-wop and the new video for the song seems to take inspiration from that memorable line...
June 10, 2013 - Spin
- Jon Bauman in Kansas City Star
He's regaled as the elder statesman of doo-wop,Bauman said. "He was just a wonderful human being."
- Shawn Stockman in Newsday
We've been approached to do a country record, and a doo-wop record and a classical record,Stockman said. "We're not sure which one we'll do yet, but it's probably going to be the one that's most challenging to us."
- Adolfo Carrion Jr in Sun-Sentinel.com
The Bronx is home to doo-wop, hip hop, salsa and now the Hard Rock,Bronx Borough President Adolfo CarriÃ³n, Jr. said in a statement released by the team on a Yankee blog. "Marquee restaurants like these will attract even more visitors to...