donate : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v give to a charity or good cause
I donated blood to the Red Cross for the victims of the earthquake
donate money to the orphanage
She donates to her favorite charity every month
- But encouraging families to donate the organs of their recently deceased after this week's terrible revelations is no easy task.
- Stem cell lines are not easy to generate, however, so StemLifeLine requests that interested couples donate at least 10 embryos if they want to take advantage of the service.
- Buy a potted or balled Christmas tree (roots still attached) so you can replant it in the backyard or donate it to the parks department.
News & Articles
- Whitey’s Ice Cream presents Cones for Kids day
Whitey’s Ice Cream will donate half of the profits from cone sales today to benefit the programs and services Bethany for Children and Families. All Quad-City area Whitey’s locations will participate in the event, which will help to further Bethany’s mission of keeping children safe, strengthening families and building healthy communities.
June 23, 2013 - Quad-City Times
- Airport restaurants donate wasted leftovers to help feed those in need
Thousands of pounds of wasted leftovers are now helping feed the community. Many restaurants at Charlotte Douglas International Airport are taking part in a program to donate food at the end of the day to area food banks.
June 22, 2013 - News 14 Carolina
- United Technologies and Otis Elevator Co. Donate $2 Million Escalator Package to Smithsonian's National Museum of ...
WASHINGTON, June 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- United Technologies Corp. (NYSE: UTX) and its subsidiary, Otis Elevator Co., announced they will donate eight Otis escalators, valued at $2 million, to the Smithsonian's ...
June 21, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- Al Gore in The Age
I am deeply honoured to receive the Nobel Peace Prize,Mr Gore said in a statement. "My wife, Tipper, and I will donate 100 per cent of the proceeds of the award to the Alliance for Climate Protection, a bipartisan non-profit organisation...
- Barack Obama in ABC News
Obama, in a statement, said that on Sept. 11, 2001, "Americans across our great country came together to stand with the families of the victims, to donate blood, to give to charity, and to say a prayer for our country. Let us renew that."
- Steve Jobs in New York Times
1:03 pm | On His Health "I now have the liver of a mid-20s person who died in a car crash and was generous enough to donate their organs, and I wouldn't be here without such generosity," Mr. Jobs says.