doff : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v remove
He doffed his hat
- To beat the heat, salarymen are told to doff their black suits in favor of light colors and open collars.
- Boundaries warp perspectives even more: one land's hero is another's hissing, and there is no universal Emily Post to tell plain men in whose presence to doff their hats.
- That means that at least some of the mime's legacy has been deemed worth preserving as part of France's national patrimony a view to which Marceau himself would surely doff his .
News & Articles
- Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn earns Emmy nomination
Halo 4 live-action web-series Forward Unto Dawn is up for an Emmy - no, not a tech Emmy, the real primetime deal. It's going up against the likes of HBO's The Newsroom and CBS' Elementary for this year's Main Title Design honor. The Main Title Design category rewards work that goes into title sequences, so we should doff our cap towards German 3D animator Polynoid , who collaborated with Halo 4 ...
July 19, 2013 - Joystiq
- Shaukat Aziz in Hindu
Once he is officially elected President, he will doff his uniform. He will have a single office which will be the civilian President of PakistanAziz told CNN.
- George Yeo in National
George Yeo, the Singaporean foreign minister, said: "We doff our hats to the courage and skill of Captain Saleh and his crew, who travelled with no engines but only the monsoons behind them. Friendly navies provided security. When the main masts...
- Munir Malik in Earthtimes.org
This is the result of the lawyers' struggle for the supremacy of law and restoration of democracy. This is a half-victory for us as General Musharraf has at least pledged to doff the uniform,said Malik, who led protests for the reinstatement...