- n (law) the calendar of a court; the list of cases to be tried or a summary of the court's activities
- n a temporally organized plan for matters to be attended to
- v place on the docket for legal action
Only 5 of the 120 cases docketed were tried
- v make a summary or abstract of a legal document and inscribe it in a list
- With its current term drawing to a close, the court was busy last week clearing the docket: White Will.
- Erin Fehlau, an enterprising young reporter for WPXT-TV in Portland, had already obtained the docket sheet and the driving records.
- Gillers, who teaches legal and judicial ethics, is "skeptical" of a sitting judge who might "view his or her docket as material for future popular exploitation.
News & Articles
- Public Record
June 12, 2013 - The Findlay Courier
- PUC to hold hearing on Xcel's claim to Boulder County electricity customers
The Colorado Public Utilities Commission will open a docket and hold a hearing on whether Boulder can serve customers in the unincorporated county over the objections of Xcel Energy should the city create a municipal electric utility.
June 12, 2013 - Denver Post
- Michael Turner resolves DUI charge with plea to reckless driving
Free-agent running back Michael Turner has one fewer impediment to getting back in the NFL. His legal docket is now clear. According to John Manasso of FOXSportsSouth.com, Turner resolved a DUI charge from September 2012 by pleading guilty to reckless driving and speeding. The incident occurred in the hours after the Falcons defeated the Broncos…
June 12, 2013 - NBC Sports: ProFootballTalk
- Michael Mukasey in Forbes
It's easy to have a rocket docket when you have horse-and-buggy cases,Mukasey said.
- Erwin Chemerinsky in International Herald Tribune
I wouldn't be surprised that if a lot of what remains on the docket comes down 5-4,Chemerinsky said.
- Chris Bowen in The Age
Mr Bowen said the ACCC would conduct "the monitoring of developments relating to shopper-dockets as they arise, including any changes to the extent in the impact of shopper docket arrangements on competition".