- n a teacher at some universities
- He went on to become an electronics technician, but after retiring, he began volunteering as a docent at Angel Island in hopes of drawing more attention to that moment in history.
- A wise docent makes it clear at the start that "unfortunately there are no 'ten easy lessons,' no short cuts to developing a mature response to art.
- Bespectacled and speaking in a Fargo-esque accent, Norris is an unlikely docent.
- Jill Eikenberry in San Francisco Chronicle
We were blown away by his house and by his art and by who he was and by the (home's pipe) organ and by the surroundings,Eikenberry says. "But also what we noticed is that we started bringing friends to Emile's house -- I became the docent,...