- n inflammation of a diverticulum in the digestive tract (especially the colon); characterized by painful abdominal cramping and fever and constipation
- There were 133 cases of diverticulitis among the 12,928 men who ate nuts at least two times a week, versus 199 cases among the 11,860 men who ate nuts less than once a month.
- Only hours before Neves was to be sworn in on March 15 as Brazil's first civilian President after 21 years of military rule, he had to undergo emergency surgery for diverticulitis .
- I went through our old mnemonic FRIEND but there was no foreign body, radiation, infection, enteritis (like Crohn's disease), neoplasm (cancer) or diverticulitis producing .
News & Articles
- Pa. hospital sued over uninsured man's 2011 death
The widow of a man who died of diverticulitis has sued a Pittsburgh hospital and four of its doctors for not operating on him, allegedly because they knew he didn't have insurance.
June 28, 2013 - WTRF Wheeling