- n an activity that diverts or amuses or stimulates
scuba diving is provided as a diversion for tourists
- n a turning aside (of your course or attention or concern)
a diversion from the main highway
- n an attack calculated to draw enemy defense away from the point of the principal attack
- Last December, Casey told PTI, "I don't know anything about diversion of funds.
- Conceived as a strike-time diversion by Joss Whedon (Buffy the Vampire Slayer), it starred Neil Patrick Harris as the title character, a would-be supervillain applying for .
- Iran and the IAEA would agree on terms of the continuous presence of inspectors in Iran to verify credibly that no diversion takes place in Iran.
News & Articles
- United Dreamliner diverted due to possible oil filter problem
SEATTLE (Reuters) - United Airlines said on Tuesday that a Boeing Co 787 on its way to Tokyo from Denver was diverted to Seattle after an indication of a problem with an oil filter in an engine, but the plane landed without incident. The unscheduled diversion is the latest hiccup for Boeing's newest plane, which has been beset by problems and only recently returned to the skies after regulators ...
June 19, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Today's Flashback: 1930s Home Movies From Around San Francisco
From the Western Neighborhoods Project comes today's backward-looking diversion: footage from 1930s San Francisco. Mostly shot along the water front near Ocean Beach, the Cliff House and a pre-bridge, pre-freeway Embarcadero. [ more › ]
June 19, 2013 - SFist
- Dish Calls Sprint Lawsuit a Diversion
Dish Calls Sprint Lawsuit a Diversion
June 18, 2013 - Nasdaq
- Tom Izzo in USA Today
I hope we were a ray of sunshine, a distraction for them, a diversion, anything else we can be,coach Tom Izzo said. "We're not done yet, so hopefully we can continue to make them feel a little better and us feel a lot better."
- Barack Obama in Gambling Online Magazine
He's just said that with this bit of kit, alongside other tech devices, that "information becomes a distraction, a diversion, a form of entertainment, rather than a tool of empowerment, rather than the means of emancipation".
- John McCain in Evening Bulletin
Afghanistan is not in trouble because of our diversion to Iraq,Mr. McCain said.