divergent : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s diverging from another or from a standard
a divergent opinion
- a tending to move apart in different directions
- As reported in this week's magazine, red and blue America have strongly divergent views on Hillary.
- Last July, on the grounds that their interests were divergent and that her health did not permit her to live in Washington's climate, Eleanor Wilson McAdoo formally divorced her .
- The world then saw two authoritarian nations go about disaster relief in divergent ways.
News & Articles
- Check Out New Photos of the Post-Apocalyptic Thriller 'Divergent'
(Summit Entertainment via EW) A second crop of photos have emerged of scenes from the big screen adaptation of Veronica Roth 's teen fantasy series Divergent — a post-apocalyptic thriller à la The Hunger Games about people divided into "factions" based on personalities. Fans already got a peak of Downton Abbey actor Theo James in his starring role as Tobias "Four" Eaton, now we have a closer ...
June 20, 2013 - Zimbio
- Universal Pictures Sets Joe Carnahan's Stretch for March 2014
Universal Pictures will release writer/director Joe Carnahan's Stretch in theaters on March 21, 2014. Other movies scheduled for that date are Summit's Divergent and Disney's Muppets Most Wanted .
June 20, 2013 - Coming Soon
- Shailene Woodley & Theo James: 'Divergent' EW Cover!
Check out Shailene Woodley and Theo James preview their highly-anticipated film adaptation of Divergent on the cover of Entertainment Weekly! Based on Vernoica Roth‘s novel of the same name, the film takes place in a futuristic dystopia, where a teenager seeks to break free from her homogeneous society that divides people based on human traits. [...]
June 19, 2013 - Just Jared Jr.
- Manmohan Singh in Earthtimes (press release)
Defending the nuclear deal as "honourable" and good for India and the world, Singh said: "We are trying to reconcile the divergent points of view. I have not given up hope."
- Artur Davis in MiamiHerald.com
That happened because they saw me as someone who represented their interests and didn't see their interests as divergent from the African-Americans who lived behind the corner from them or lived in the rest of the district,said Davis.
- Lou Reed in Reuters
For years, I've always been a fan of eclectic radio, such as FM radio in the past when you could hear stations play widely divergent music, ranging from rock to country to jazz to opera,Reed said in a statement. "We will try to bring...