- n a long narrow excavation in the earth
- n any small natural waterway
- v forsake
ditch a lover
- v throw away
- v sever all ties with, usually unceremoniously or irresponsibly
- v make an emergency landing on water
- v crash or crash-land
ditch a car
ditch a plane
- v cut a trench in, as for drainage
ditch the land to drain it
- Indeed, my family owned a dark green Pacer with that Navajo-blanket upholstery, and it worked just fine until I drove it through a ditch, after which the heavy doors hung off their .
- The recession deepens, and the ditch turns into a cliff.
- After years in misery's ditch, Williams finally put out a happy album, but it's a little more nuanced than its publicity.
News & Articles
- Fire truck gets stuck in ditch after crews put out fire
A fire truck in Jackson got stuck in a ditch for a short time Friday. Just after 2:30 a.m., Jackson firefighters responded to a house on fire on Reddix Street. Crews quickly extinguished the fire, and no one was hurt. As crews were leaving, a firefighter driving a fire truck miscalculated a turn and the truck's rear wheels on the passenger side became stuck in a ditch. Firefighters said it took ...
June 14, 2013 - WAPT Jackson
- Super Ditch ‘speculative’
What we’re trying to do is enhance the water options for agriculture. The state now has a gap in municipal supplies. Super Ditch provides an alternative to permanent transfers.
June 14, 2013 - The Pueblo Chieftain
- Deep Brain Stimulation Studied as Last-Ditch Obesity Treatment
Title: Deep Brain Stimulation Studied as Last-Ditch Obesity Treatment Category: Health News Created: 6/13/2013 10:35:00 AM Last Editorial Review: 6/13/2013 12:00:00 AM
June 14, 2013 - MedicineNet.com
- Barack Obama in The Cauldron (subscription)
On the war Sen. Obama said, "The fact was this was a big strategic blunder:Once we had driven the bus in the ditch there were only so many ways to get out."
- John Warford in Wall Street Journal
The fact that it could break at any time is bad news. But right now, the ice jam around the Double Ditch has not broken,Bismarck Mayor John Warford said at a morning news conference.
- John McCain in FOXNews
Ohio is hurting,McCain said. "People in Ohio are having trouble staying in their homes, keeping their jobs. We have to get this economy out of the ditch."