distend : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v become wider
- v cause to expand as it by internal pressure
The gas distended the animal's body
- v swell from or as if from internal pressure
The distended bellies of the starving cows
- The distended bellies of the starving cows was a very ugly sight.
- Consider the ancient practice of foot binding in China, or the stacked, brass coils used to distend the necks of Karen women.
- Though businessmen hailed the defense-spending raises that helped fire recovery, they complain that the Administration's welfare programs will not only distend the budget and .