- n objectivity and detachment
her manner assumed a dispassion and dryness very unlike her usual tone
- It was not an object lesson in Buddhist dispassion.
- The chilling dispassion with which Hawkins could dissect a friend's motives is apparent in his remarks on the widow's death.
- His faith in the dispassion ate application of reason to the muddle of human affairs was no less firm than Voltaire's.
- Pico Iyer in San Francisco Chronicle
Among the standouts is Pico Iyer, a writer of Indian descent who grew up in England and California, describes himself as a member of a "transcontinental tribe of wanderers" who are "seasoned experts at dispassion," but not so good at...
- Daniel Goldhagen in New York Times
I'm your son in many ways,Daniel says, analyzing his own awkward silence, "and your dispassion is my own."