dinner : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the main meal of the day served in the evening or at midday
dinner will be at 8
on Sundays they had a large dinner when they returned from church
- n a party of people assembled to have dinner together
guests should never be late to a dinner party
- It's hard to see how the Republican Party is going to orchestrate a comeback if it's having this much trouble organizing the seating chart for one dinner.
- In fewer than five years, Rachael Ray, 38, has radically changed the way America cooks dinner.
- What's on family dinner tables in fifteen different homes around the globe? Photographs by Peter Menzel from the book.
News & Articles
- Dinner’s brewing - Wed, 12 Jun 2013 PST
Don’t just hand Dad a beer with dinner this Father’s Day – serve him some suds in his food, too. While still not quite so familiar as cooking with wine, using beer in recipes has become increasingly commonplace as the craft-brewing culture continues to grow.
June 12, 2013 - The Spokesman-Review
- Spaghetti Dinner to benefit Brielle Barber, June 25
A Spaghetti Dinner honoring Brielle Barber will be held, 5-9 p.m., Tuesday, June 25 at Bertucci’sConcordville.
June 12, 2013 - Garnet Valley Press
- Toby’s Dinner Theatre makes Nunsense a habit
Hit show at dinner theatre through July 14 by Nicole Rodman The set, props, costumes and cast are sparse, but the laughs are plentiful in Toby’s Dinner Theatre of Baltimore’s production of Nunsense. Originally conceived as a line of greeting cards featuring wise-cracking Roman Catholic nuns, Nunsense was developed into an off-Broadway cabaret in 1985. In the past 28 years, Nunsense ...
June 12, 2013 - The Dundalk Eagle
- Sarah Palin in Salon
I was expecting quite a few protests,said Palin, who was accompanied by her daughter Willow. "It's been nothing but absolute loveliness here in this part of California, in spite of some of the hoopla around this dinner."
- Bennie Thompson in ABC News
Rep. Bennie Thompson, chairman of the House Committee on Homeland Security, said the Salahis' testimony "is important to explain how a couple circumvented layers of security at the White House on the evening of a State Dinner without causing alarm."
- George Clooney in Times Online
Sydney made the world a little better, movies a little better and even dinner a little better,said George Clooney, opposite whom Pollack recently played as an old-school law firm boss in the film Michael Clayton. "A class act."