- n the state of being poorly illuminated
- n the property of lights or sounds that lack brilliance or are reduced in intensity
- n the quality of being dim or lacking contrast
- In 18th century England his eponymous protagonist peers into the candle-lit dimness of stately homes, seeking clues to correct behavior.
- Stephen Pound, the Labour MP from Ealing North, will advocate caliginosity (dimness, darkness) on the floor of Parliament.
- Kotb began extensive research on sexuality, realizing that "I was in total dimness.
News & Articles
- The launch of another season
The woodland ground was dark in the dimness of early morning, but I could see the bright specks of fresh hickory-nut cuttings in the old woods road under the big sweet pignut.
Aug. 24, 2013 - The Ledger Independent