- n the length of a straight line passing through the center of a circle and connecting two points on the circumference
- n a straight line connecting the center of a circle with two points on its perimeter (or the center of a sphere with two points on its surface)
- It turns out to be a spherical particle almost exactly a millionth of an inch in diameter.
- It it's ice, like a comet, and smaller than 200 feet in diameter, it would totally burn up in the atmosphere.
- Her submarine-shaped hull, filled with gasoline (lighter than water) supports a sphere two meters in diameter with stainless-steel walls 3.
News & Articles
- Two-inch hail reported in Spearfish during Saturday storm
Hail as large as two inches in diameter pelted parts of Spearfish on Saturday night, according to the National Weather Service.
June 24, 2013 - Rapid City Journal
- FAST Corp. continues to draw attention with fiberglass creations
SPARTA — The 30-foot-diameter eyeball in front of FAST Corp. soon will be hauled to Texas and go on display in downtown Dallas for at least two years.
June 23, 2013 - La Crosse Tribune
- Israeli Smart Spice
June 22, 2013: Israel has introduced a competitor for the American SDB (Small Diameter Bomb). The Israeli Spice 250 is a 113 kg (249 pound) bomb that, like the SDB, looks like a missile and has pop-out wings.
June 22, 2013 - Strategy Page
- David Naylor in Toronto Star
No one is going to get up and make high-profile announcement about the diameter of the stack running into the sewer system,Naylor told reporters. "But you get that wrong and you've got a rather large problem."
- Steve Squyres in CNN International
If we had to choose today, where we would go is that circular depression,said Steven Squyres,a Cornell University geologist in charge of the robot's instruments. "This particular one is roughly 30 feet in diameter. It's something like 40...
- Marc Garlasco in Canada.com
A weapon has to be able to differentiate between a military target and a civilian object,said Marc Garlasco, HRW investigator. "By using white phosphorous, which covers an area of 250 metres in diameter, it cannot then differentiate where...