- To his detriment, however, he became more aggressive and distracted during the second half, and perhaps lost a chance for winning the truly dramatic event he needs to change the .
- We turn too much to food for solace and celebration, and we do it with less and less reference to traditions or even formal mealtimes--to the detriment of our figure and our health.
- Defense: Fearless, without condescension, he attempted the gracious move of agreeing with or complimenting a McCain position, occasionally to his own detriment.
News & Articles
- Phillips dealership builds state-of-the-art facility
Steve Treadway said the old facility had become a detriment, that customers had told him if it wasn't for the quality cars and friendly staff, the old showroom would have kept them away.
June 11, 2013 - The Ocala Star-Banner
- Today in history: June 10, 2013
In 1913: A colony of swallows established themselves on short notice in the upper parts of the exterior of the Hall of Records building next to the Redding courthouse. About 200 of them arrived and began the process of building their mud and straw nests along the cornices and niches of the handsome new building, sadly to its detriment in beauty.
June 10, 2013 - The Record Searchlight
- Downtown Boise Merchants Weigh In On Smart Meters, Extended Parking Enforcements
“I think it will be a real detriment to business downtown to have extended hours in the evening and on Saturdays to pay for parking.” by Ryan Thorne As the city of Boise begins installing hundreds of so-called "smart" parking meters, city officials gave citizens their first opportunity the afternoon of June 6 to weigh in on a series of proposals tied to the smart meters, including the ...
June 9, 2013 - Boise Weekly
- Anthony Kennedy in guardian.co.uk
Fear of litigation alone cannot justify the city's reliance on race to the detriment of individuals who passed the examinations and qualified for promotions,wrote justice Anthony Kennedy for the court.
- President Bush in International Herald Tribune
If Iran escalates its military actions in Iraq to the detriment of our troops and - or innocent Iraqi people, we will respond firmly,Bush said in an interview with National Public Radio.
- Mahmoud Ahmadinejad in International Herald Tribune
The presence of foreigners in the region has been to the detriment of the nations of the region,Ahmadinejad said. "It is nothing but a humiliation to the regional nations. Their only achievements are that regional nations further dislike...