detoxification : Definition, Usages, News and More
di tok si fi kay shuhn
- n a treatment for addiction to drugs or alcohol intended to remove the physiological effects of the addictive substances
- n treatment for poisoning by neutralizing the toxic properties (normally a function of the liver)
- The defense mechanisms present in the adult are not present in the fetus: these include detoxification and repair enzymes.
- Current examples include the detoxification of the words suck and slut, both of which have slipped into mainstream usage.
- They avoided being judgmental, and Owner Joan Kroc visited him at the detoxification center.