desperado : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a bold outlaw (especially on the American frontier)
- But I still felt like kind of a desperado.
- Best supporting actor: Anthony Quinn for his desperado role in Viva Zapata! Best direction: John Ford for The Quiet Man (his fourth Oscar).
- Attacks ranged from small-scale robberies by lightly armed desperados to highly organized hijackings of giant vessels by teams of professionals.
- Robert Rodriguez in Los Angeles Times
It's the story from that script I had written way back then,Rodriguez said. "They had hired me to write a 'Predator' story while I was waiting to do 'Desperado' back in 1994. It was crazy, this thing I came up with. So then fast-forward to...
- Sam Moore in Ashland City Times
I have got to tell you, I wanted to do 'Desperado,'Moore said good-naturedly. "You know, I saw the movie, and I started singing it for them, which I don't usually do. They said, 'Nice Sam, no.' I said, 'Well, tell me what you want me to...
- Frank Warren in guardian.co.uk
I'm not some sort of desperado who wants to run a show at any cost,Warren added. "But there was a contract in place for Harrison to fight. Was I happy about it? No, not really. But I had to deliver the fight or I would have been in breach...