- v cause to run off the tracks
they had planned to derail the trains that carried atomic waste
- v run off or leave the rails
the train derailed because a cow was standing on the tracks
- An intelligence report from early 2002 said al-Qaeda wanted to derail a train in the industrial corridor of northeast Washington, hoping to smash the cars into tanks of .
- He rallied dozens of parents and the American Civil Liberties union to derail the school's plan.
- Phyllis Chesler: Beware that you don't get a publishing offer based on the spin going on about this cover, which will then derail you from that task for two years, as you go on .
News & Articles
- Lavrov: Syria peace conference could be derailed
ST. PETERSBURG, Russia (AP) — Russia's foreign minister said Friday that Washington is sending contradictory signals on Syria that could derail an international conference intended to end that country's civil war, warning that U.S. talk about a possible no-fly zone would only encourage the rebels to keep fighting.
June 21, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Russian foreign minister says Syria peace talks threatened if US pushes for no-fly zone
Russia's foreign minister said Friday that Washington is sending contradictory signals on Syria that could derail an international conference intended to end the civil war, warning that U.S. talk about a possible no-fly zone would only encourage the rebels to keep fighting.
June 21, 2013 - Fox News
- Conflicting Reports On Aaron Hernandez Arrest Warrant
Conflicting reports continue to emerge in the ongoing homicide case that is threatening to derail the career of New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez.
June 21, 2013 - CBS Miami
- President Bush in New York Times
The temptation,Mr. Bush said, "will be to load up the bill. That would delay it or derail it, and neither option is acceptable."
- Gordon Brown in The Australian
I can assure you we will bring these people to justice,Mr Brown said. "No murderer will be able to derail a peace process that has the support of the vast majority of the people of Northern Ireland, and we will step up our efforts to make...
- Benazir Bhutto in Pakistan Link
Ms Bhutto told reporters in Karachi that the threat was an attempt "to derail the democratic process because they know if the people are employed and educated the forces of extremism and terrorism will be weakened," AP reported.