- n any skeletal muscle that draws a body part down
- n any nerve whose activity tends to reduce the activity or tone of the body part it serves
- n a device used by physician to press a part down or aside
- The fetid hole in the ground, the mud hut, the litter and underwear, the prophets beard, the unfired pistol, the tongue depressor all, somehow, were symbolic of .
- In each letter Family Doctor enclosed a wooden tongue depressor "very suitable" for holding between the teeth.
- Winchester will open another picnic basket from Mater and savor caviar on a tongue depressor.