depersonalization : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n emotional dissociative disorder in which there is loss of contact with your own personal reality accompanied by feelings of unreality and strangeness
- n (existentialism) a loss of personal identity; a feeling of being an anonymous cog in an impersonal social machine
- n representing a human being as a physical thing deprived of personal qualities or individuality
- They were usually put in these cells for softening up, or for depersonalization.
- For this Everyman, there is only life and the "deadening depersonalization" of illness, which negates the self.
- America's new sentimental journey, believes Psychologist Gordon, may spring from the active efforts of many Americans to find something better than "the depersonalization of sex .