department : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a specialized division of a large organization
you'll find it in the hardware department
- n the territorial and administrative division of some countries (such as France)
- n a specialized sphere of knowledge
baking is not my department
his work established a new department of literature
- NYPD Confidential author Leonard Levitt talks about corruption and misconduct in the nation's largest police department.
- MOST major department stores are dominated by family dynastiesMacy's, Gimbels, Neiman-Marcus, Atlanta's Rich's.
- The President's initial proposal for the department, issued to Congress June 18, 2002: "I propose to create a new Department by substantially transforming the current confusing .
- Barack Obama in Salon
In the last six months, AIG has received substantial sums from the US Treasury,Obama said. "And I've asked [the Treasury Department] to use that leverage and pursue every single legal avenue to block these bonuses and make the American...
- Robert Gates in Wall Street Journal
Speaking for the Department of Defense, once the commander in chief makes his decisions, we will salute and execute those decisions faithfully and to the best of our ability,Mr. Gates said to the annual gathering of the Association of the...
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in CNN
These appalling assaults on members of our own State Department family are, sadly, part of a growing tragedy besetting many communities in Mexico,US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said in a statement Sunday night. "They underscore the...