demotion : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n act of lowering in rank or position
- Briefly noted Penn demotion after "embarrassing conflict of interest.
- In one case, a former head of its Dallas office who sexually harassed an employee received a demotion and transfer -- to the Virgin Islands.
- Behind the scenes, though, senior officials in several branches of the Administration confirm the move and knock down speculation that it is a demotion in response to concern over .
News & Articles
- Mariners moving Wilhelmsen out of closer's role
Reliever Tom Wilhelmsen's four blown saves since May 20 have earned the Mariner's right-hander a demotion from the closer's role.
June 15, 2013 - Major League Baseball
- Fix Your Mobile Site--or Face a Google Demotion
Long load times, blank screens, and customer headaches are a recipe for demotion in Google's search rankings, warn two engineers. Here's how to fix it. Small business owners, beware: If your site isn't mobile friendly or creates a headache for smartphone users, Google will punish you. Yoshikiyo Kato, a software engineer, and Pierre Far, a Webmaster Trends Analyst, announced Tuesday Google will ...
June 14, 2013 - Inc Magazine
- Mariners: Ackley finds confidence, swing in Triple-A
Since his demotion to Triple-A, Dustin Ackley has hit a torrid .406 in 15 games with the Tacoma Rainiers.
June 14, 2013 - The Kitsap Sun
- Rich Dubee in USA Today
We don't look at it as a demotion,pitching coach Rich Dubee said. "We look at it as the means to getting his delivery right. He's a guy we need."
- Tony Dungy in San Diego Union Tribune
It wasn't a demotion and he understood that,Dungy said. "We were just going to start the game with Joseph. Dom's ended up finishing the last two games. Dom knew he was still going to be involved. He knew he was still get a lot of carries...
- Jason Spezza in SportingNews.com
They talked to me today and made sure that I didn't think it was something wrong,said Spezza. "I'm playing with a couple great players. Sharpie had 40 goals or close to 40 goals, I don't think it's too much of a demotion."