demarche : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a move or step or maneuver in political or diplomatic affairs
- An urgent and serious demarche by the international community is most needed.
- The signing in Moscow's Kremlin on the night of August 23-24 of the Nazi-Communist "Non-Aggression" Pact was a diplomatic demarche literally world-shattering.
- Beijing may have thought it was making a clear diplomatic demarche.
News & Articles
- Walker's World: A 'fudge' for France
Paris (UPI) Jun 17, 2013 Diplomacy has a language all its own from demarche for an initiative to bout de papier for a very informal proposal. But one of the most useful is "fudge" - and it means that some creative language was used to keep the show on the road. On Friday night, after 12 hours of wrangling in Luxembourg, the European Union delivered a fudge that successfully found a way around a ...
June 17, 2013 - Space War