- n a low triangular area of alluvial deposits where a river divides before entering a larger body of water
the Mississippi River delta
the Nile delta
- n an object shaped like an equilateral triangle
- n the 4th letter of the Greek alphabet
- The plebiscite was delayed in Rangoon and the delta, but apparently the junta still expects the region's stricken people to vote on May 24.
- Death is so pervasive in the delta now, what are two more corpses? Like hundreds of villages across the delta, almost all the bamboo shacks in Mya Hen's hamlet of Phya Chaung, near .
- In stricken delta towns like Kungyangon, Dedaye and Pyapon, almost every structure is damaged, many beyond repair.
- Doug Parker in International Herald Tribune
Delta is in bankruptcy and bankruptcy is a very open process,Parker said. "The process is designed so that the creditors get the highest possible value for their clients. Given that process, what we have done is gone public with an...
- Ban Ki-moon in FOXNews
Some international aid workers and NGOs have already gone into the regions of the Irrawaddy delta, without any problem,Ban, who visited Burma last week to meet with junta chief Senior Gen. Than Shwe, told reporters in New York on Tuesday.
- Yar Adua in Afrik.com
The general amnesty I extended to all militants in the Niger Delta has led to the laying down of arms and a return of peace. Our role in ensuring stability of the energy market has led to a win-win situation for all participants in the market,...