- v consider as a god or godlike
These young men deify financial success
- v exalt to the position of a God
- If the boys were natural-born fighters, it was clearly in the interests of their band to deify them.
- Watson's account, depicting researchers as competitive and spiteful as human helped de-deify scientists and bring cynicism to science writing.
- Yet any implication of political maneuvering within the royal circle is incendiary in a nation where many practically deify the throne.
News & Articles
Highly Recommended THE FILM: Any documentary which focuses on a famous figure walks a very fine line. On the one hand, there's a desire to deify, to turn the subject into a sacred cow worth praising, not picking apart. After all, why would you concentrate on someone's public tenure only to take them to task for same (unless that's the sole reason for the overview)? Still, there has to be some ...
Sept. 15, 2013 - DVD Talk
- Lorraine Michael in CTV.ca
Let's not deify him,NDP Leader Lorraine Michael told CP.
- Ksenia Sobchak in New York Times
We should stop labeling them as religious extremists and simply label them, as Bill Clinton did in the case of Tim McVeigh, as criminals and prosecute them as criminals. That way we do not deify them, we don't strengthen them, we don't help them... Thom Hartmann http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thom_Hartmann&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFiuqPf13MfJhJ1WQprG64yvDlHBA RT http://www.google.com/url?q=http://rt.com/Top_News/2010-06-16/fundamentalist-groups-criminal.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNG5JLXo-raTiZ3D6QsVizEasQlrZA Jun 15, 2010
25994 34774 deify Complex dictatorial rulers like Ivan the Terrible, Peter the Great and Stalin have a seductive hold over Russians, Ms. Sobchak said, because I think authority in our country always strives to deify itself, and generally succeeds."