- v remove the triggering device from
- In March elections, the charismatic Ma, 57, won Taiwan's presidential election on a message of hope that could defuse his country's nearly six-decade conflict with China and put to .
- With that quip, Nancy Reagan's press secretary Elaine Crispen tried to defuse the controversy that erupted last week after PTI reported that the First Lady had failed to disclose .
- Though police chief Philip Arreola attempted to defuse the situation by suspending the three officers involved in the Sinthasomphone case and filing administrative charges against .
News & Articles
- With no easy options, Brazil's Rousseff strains to manage unrest
By Jeferson Ribeiro and Brian Winter BRASILIA/SAO PAULO (Reuters) - Few people in Brazil know what it's like to be 20-something and angry at the government quite like President Dilma Rousseff. Rousseff, a Marxist guerrilla during the 1960s who fought against a military dictatorship, now finds herself on the other side of power. She's struggling to defuse protests by more than 1 million people in ...
June 24, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Serena tries to end Sharapova row
Serena Williams tried to defuse her war of words with Maria Sharapova on Sunday as the Wimbledon champion claimed she had apologised to the Russian for criticising her private life.
June 23, 2013 - Fox News
- Putin offers gift to defuse flap over Super Bowl ring
Putin offers gift to defuse flap over Super Bowl ring Published Jun 22, 2013 06:02PM MDT Moscow • Facing what he drolly called a “complicated international problem,” Vladimir Putin says he’s ready to give the New England Patriots’ owner custom jewelry to compensate for the Super Bowl ring that some imply the Russian president pocketed. The Super Bowl ring changed hands in 2005 when Robert Kraft ...
June 23, 2013 - The Salt Lake Tribune
- Patrick Leahy in CNSNews.com
He practiced the old school values like civility, which help make the legislative process work,said Leahy. "And he knew how to defuse a difficult situation with humor."
- John Negroponte in Reuters
Public vilification of the Dalai Lama will not help defuse the situation,Negroponte told a US Senate hearing.
- Wen Jiabao in Telegraph.co.uk
The urgent task now is to defuse the impact of the Cheonan incident, change the tense situation and avoid clashes,Mr Wen said.