- v divest of the frock; of church officials
- Iran's clerical court recently threatened to defrock Kadivar if he persists in voicing such views.
- A day later the Nebraska branch of the United Methodist Church voted to defrock Jimmy Creech, a pastor who's performed 13 gay marriages, sometimes known as "commitment ceremonies.
- Today Brett is on the run and still officially a priest, despite pleas to defrock him.
News & Articles
- Dublin archbishop apologizes for serial pedophile cover-up
The Archbishop of Dublin, Diarmuid Martin, has apologized unreservedly for the cover up of the activities of Anthony Walsh, the defrocked priest and worst pedophile named in the Murphy Commission report on abuse in the Dublin archdiocese.
June 29, 2013 - Irish Central
- Mohammad Khatami in American Thinker
One prominent Ayatollah, Muhammad-Reza Shabestari told his seminary a few days ago, "I would rather defrock myself than issue a fatwa in support of wanton adventurism," rejecting Ahamadinejad's request.
- Pete Stark in Kaiser network.org
Medicare should expect quality care "from each and every provider," Stark said, adding, "And my solution would be to the provider who can't provide quality care, to defrock 'em" (Reichard, CQ HealthBeat , 12/1).