- $20 billion to increase the food stamp benefit by over 13% in order to help defray rising food costs.
- The money helps defray the cost of educating the students, and the experience prepares them for life.
- The money will go to local communities overburdened by booming casinos and help defray the increased costs of local government services.
News & Articles
- Good News for Time Warner Stock Investors: "Man of Steel" Is Going to Be a Huge Winner
Product placements defray most of the film’s production costs.
June 15, 2013 - The Motley Fool
- Hamilton to sponsor fireworks show for July 4
The city of Hamilton will put on a Fourth of July fireworks show this year, and local businesses are working toward defraying some of the cost.
June 15, 2013 - Ravalli Republic
- Garage sale to help troops
Operation U.S. Troop Support, Inc. will have its annual garage sale from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday at 7136 Pine Lake Road, Fort Wayne. Proceeds will be used to help defray shipping fees for care packages to U.S. troop serving in Afghanistan and injured soldiers recovering stateside and to purchase needed items for the troops.
June 14, 2013 - Fort Wayne Journal Gazette
- Barack Obama in FOXNews
Obama says Toot took a secretarial job at Bank of Hawaii "to help defray the costs of my unexpected birth."
- Brendan Barber in Employee Benefits
Brendan Barber, general secretary of the Trades Union Congress (TUC), added: "The charging structure strikes exactly the right balance. A contribution charge provides a sensible initial income stream that will help defray start-up costs. In the...