- v relax or remove controls of
- Carter's plan to decontrol domestic crude-oil prices is a good first step to help the nation shake free of foreign oil dependence and the uncertainties that come with it.
- Full decontrol would add about 10 to the cost of gasoline at the pump.
- Even Ford recognizes the political danger of a sudden decontrol that might send the price of gasoline up 7 per gal.
News & Articles
- Bayonne groups lack names to force referendums
Two Bayonne groups that submitted petitions for referendums on switching to an elected school board and on overturning the city's rent decontrol ordinance have both fallen short of the required valid signatures.
March 14, 2014 - The Jersey Journal
- Bayonne group fails to get rent control vote on ballot, but still trying
The Bayonne Tenants Organization fell 122 signatures short of getting its rent control initiative ordinance on the May ballot, said a city official. The BTO sought to overturn the city's rent decontrol ordinance by submitting 1,460 signatures to the City Clerk's Office.
March 13, 2014 - The Jersey Journal
- Kishore Kumar in Daily News & Analysis
Investor confidence is high as the government's decision to decontrol fuel prices will help to pare the fiscal deficit and boost the financial health of oil companies,CNI Research chairman and managing director Kishore P Ostwal said.
- Alan Greenspan in San Diego Union Tribune
Many in China, however, fear that an immediate ending of controls could induce capital outflows large enough to destabilize the nation's improving, but still fragile, banking system,Greenspan said. "Others believe that decontrol, but at a...
- Bimal Jalan in Tehelka
It will now increase. Finally, there is some result for the work done by the Kirit Parikh committee (which had recommended the decontrol of fuel prices). Transportation cost may go up. But the impact will not be major,Jalan told Financial World.