- n the quality of being unresponsive; not reacting; as a quality of people, it is marked by a failure to respond quickly or with emotion to people or events
in an instant all the deadness and withdrawal were wiped away
- n the physical property of something that has lost its elasticity
he objected to the deadness of the tennis balls
- n the inanimate property of something that has died
- Sanford, Mark political deadness of is acknowledged by Santorum, Rick self is delusionally seen by as a possible future President.
- It is impossible to say exactly when his stoicism becomes a perfect deadness of the soul.
- A Gentleman with a Duster spies him and makes these notes: "Tall ;rigidlean gray faceheavy-lidded eyesof an almost Asian deadnessupper lip projectsstonelike .