- v sell (art works) from a collection, especially in order to raise money for the purchase of other art works
The museum deaccessioned several important works of this painter
- Even deaccession purists don't question their right to sell from their collections if the money brought in that way goes to buy more art.
- So its deaccession plan led to an angry public meeting in March at which Grachos was confronted by residents insisting he could have done more to find other sources of money.
- It would dramatically lower the bar for a "justifiable" deaccession.
- Michael Brand in Bloomberg
I can't deaccession -- or give away -- objects from our collection unless there is a legal basis,Brand said.