- Will ABC news, which tried to de-emphasize the anchorman and gambled on hi-tech flashiness instead, be able to lift itself out of third place?.
- Will they de-emphasize (or even eliminate) subjects that aren't tested like history and art? Or will the tests inspire genuine institutional change?.
- She had hoped to de-emphasize her reputation as a gay social lioness.
News & Articles
- Texas Board of Education sees its textbook influence wane
AUSTIN — Texas public schools had little say in 1995 when the state demanded that publishers make sweeping changes to health textbooks to de-emphasize contraception, or six years later when it raised objections that a textbook wasn’t skeptical enough about global warming.
Sept. 16, 2013 - The Cypress Creek Mirror
- Board of Education sees its textbook influence wane
Texas public schools had little say in 1995 when the state demanded that publishers make sweeping changes to health textbooks to de-emphasize contraception, or six years later when it raised objection
Sept. 16, 2013 - Killeen Daily Herald
- Joe Barton in New York Times
It's essential that the new constitution will end the longstanding 'winner take all' approach in Kenyan politics, will help reassure all Kenyans that their interests will be protected, and will thus serve to de-emphasize the importance of ethnic... Michael Ranneberger http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Ranneberger&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHeXQ9cf5p9wj_dbgkOg89t3eDlrg BusinessWeek http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.businessweek.com/news/2010-02-23/kenya-mulls-constitution-to-curb-election-violence-week-ahead.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNG8ZEI9bRHRmebjn3GRhuLatifU8g Feb 22, 2010
25110 33962 de-emphasize That's pretty hard to pull all that together in a week or so," Barton said. "There's growing pressure in the Democratic caucus to de-emphasize climate change and emphasize health care, where health care is a doable deal."