dazzled : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v to cause someone to lose clear vision, especially from intense light
She was dazzled by the bright headlights
- v amaze or bewilder, as with brilliant wit or intellect or skill
Her arguments dazzled everyone
The dancer dazzled the audience with his turns and jumps
- s having vision overcome temporarily by or as if by intense light
she shut her dazzled eyes against the sun's brilliance
- s stupefied or dizzied by something overpowering
I fall back dazzled at beholding myself all rosy red, / At having, I myself, caused the sun to rise."- `Chanticler' by Rostand
- The Chinese giant was so dazzled by the lights of Las Vegas that he didn't notice the furtive glances of the tourists gathering around him.
- Despite her doubts, beating the waif who enchanted Barcelona and dazzled Atlanta represents a high degree of difficulty.
- He made the acquaintance of sultry, dark-haired Virginia Hill, 30, who was famed for parties that dazzled even Hollywood.
News & Articles
- Deer disturbs Lafayette food festival
A dazzled deer left a trail of damage behind as it invaded a food festival in Lafayette.
June 17, 2013 - 14 WFIE Evansville
- Deer disturbs Indiana food festival
LAFAYETTE — A dazzled deer left a trail of damage behind as it invaded a food festival in Lafayette.
June 17, 2013 - Fort Wayne News-Sentinel
- Bjork Dazzles With Rare US Performance At Bonnaroo 2013 [Photo]
Icelandic singer Bjork dazzled the audience at Bonnaroo 2013 on Saturday with a rare US performance. The former Sugarcubes singer gave fans exactly what they were hoping to see during her appearance at the music festival. True to form, Bjork delivered an array of songs while wearing a very unusual and memorable outfit. According to... Read more » Bjork Dazzles With Rare US Performance At ...
June 17, 2013 - The Inquisitr
- Johan Cruyff in SkySports
Spain's style is the style of Barcelona,Cruyff told El Periodico. "Now, Spain is favourite to win the World Cup. Last night (Wednesday), that same Germany team that dazzled us against Argentina played football as it knows best; a football...
- Brendan Haywood in USA Today
Now we have fresh faces and different characters -- an unencumbered state of mind. Spain have not changed so much. Sergio Busquets in for Marcos Senna is maybe the only real change whereas we have many, many newcomers. Spain haven't really dazzled... Bastian Schweinsteiger http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bastian_Schweinsteiger&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGE8b-rEdnQfojzLMEJvOgrknMwjw Reuters http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE6641XY20100705&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHdZoQ0X83Icql8KRUKryo4MAQH7A Jul 5, 2010
25092 33921 dazzled I was over top of him and he got a little razzle-dazzled," Haywood said. "That's how things go. He ain't going to do anything. I'm not going to do anything, so let's play on."