davit : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a crane-like device (usually one of a pair) for suspending or lowering equipment (as a lifeboat)
- Returning from Bermuda in recent years he saw an old Grottie, ten years out, climb an ocean liner's davit to wave goodbyes.
- The steel arms swung each passenger, chair all, to the end of a davit clear of the ship.
- The ship's starboard davit had been smashed by a shell that sprayed fragments of steel over bridge, starboard passage and deck.
News & Articles
- Soccer-Armenia 0 Malta 1 - World Cup qualifier result
(Adds teams) June 7 (Reuters) - Armenia 0 Malta 1 - World Cup qualifying Group B result. In Yerevan Scorers: Michael Mifsud 8 Halftime: 0-1 Teams: Armenia: 1-Roman Berezovski, 4-Taron Voskanyan, 5-Robert Arzumanyan, 6-Karlen Mkrtchyan, 8-Marcos Pinheiro, 13-Kamo Hovhannisyan, 16-Valeri Aleksanyan, 18-Henrikh Mkhitaryan, 21-Davit Manoyan (11-Artur Sarkisov 66), 22-Edgar Manucharyan (14-Yura ...
June 7, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News